Friday, May 7, 2010

Another Friday Evening

I love Friday evenings -- the promise of four days off, time to relax and kick back, catch up on the few TV programs I still watch, online...

Feels like eons since I posted, and I don't have any finished work to show you. So here are two pieces in progress. The one on top, my little kitty Kirby. The one below, a cool digital image of one of my collages.

I've got a big print weekend planned -- thickened up some dyes this morning, slathered prepared potato dextrin resist on a few pieces of fabric this afternoon, have a stack of previously dyed and white soda soaked fabric ready to print on. I'm hoping this weekend is the start of a roll for me, it's been months since I printed any fabric and I'm missing it.

Look for some early results on Sunday. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Jan said...

Love the way Kirby seems to be stepping out of the quilt!

artymess said...

Yes Friday evenings always hold such promise don't they ....I love that too ...( Kirby with his paws just out of the blue ) Looking forward to seeing your dyeing results....Lorna

jackie said...

Looks good and sound fun. I have never used potato dextrin - I'm not sure where I would buy it, but as I haven't tried it could be in our Health Food Shops.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Well I'm a sucker for kitties of all ages so gotta love Kirby. I have a black and white just like him on my lap at the moment. The other four are snoozing elsewhere for a change. Love the choice of turquoise with the black and white. Cool image of your collage. Looking forward to seeing the printing coming up.