Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Celebration Sale!

To celebrate 500 fans at my Facebook Fan Page, and 300 subscribers to this blog, I'm having a huge sale at my sales blog, as well as at my Etsy Shop. Everything listed in both places is 25 percent off the marked prices.

To purchase from the blog, email me what you'd like and I'll send you a PayPal invoice with the discounted price(s). If you don't have a PayPal account, you can pay the invoice with a credit card.

To purchase from Etsy, place your order there, and when I am notified of your purchase, I will send you a discounted invoice through PayPal. You can also go all the way through the Etsy/PayPal purchase process, in which case I'll send you an immediate refund of 25 percent of the purchase price of your items.

Thanks SO MUCH for your support and readership!

Now, for the business at hand -- the photo is a partial image of a piece I did over the weekend. I've been experimenting more with Dynaflow textile paints, which is what you see in the photo, along with some stamped Lumiere. I'm really happy with the stitching on this piece. I've been thinking about quilting stitches a lot lately and looking at many other artists' work and how they do what they do. I'm kind of coming to the conclusion that quilting stitches are kind of like dance steps -- eventually you make them your own, develop your own repetoire.

I'll have another digital image quilt for you to see tomorrow, and I've got two sky quilts in process. It kinda feels like I'm going to put all my other challenges on the shelf this month. We'll see as the month unveils itself!

10 comments:

Meg in Nelson said...

Hard to choose, but I went for colors I may not normally choose! Tons of lovely stuff. I'm really looking forward to receiving it, Connie.

εœ‹η”·ηš“δΊ‘ said...

Actions speak louder than words. ........................................

Judy said...

lovely piece! your quilting is very subtle, which I like!

xo

Kristi said...

I just finished a piece with Dynaflo and Lumiere, but it took forever. I quilted first, then painted. That way I could just paint inside the lines. But I ended up painting the whole piece!

Terry Jarrard-Dimond said...

Congratulations Connie! That represents a lot of hard work and dedication.

Terry Jarrard-Dimond said...

Congratulations Connie! That represents a lot of hard work and dedication.

oneartistjournal said...

A wonderful blog Connie, a yummy feast of textiles and textures I found here.
Thanks for your visit and your words.
I am gad I found you, you found me, we found each other to inspire.
XOXOrly

Fulvia said...

Congratulations, Connie, on the numbers and here's wishing you many sales to boot! I am curious -- what attracts you about the stitches you see others do and what does not?

Relished Artistry said...

Connie, I've been "lurking" in the background of your blog--I had subscribed a long while ago, but just got around to reading some of your entries. What wonderful work! Congratulations--your pieces are truly eye-catching, and I'm sure in person where one can actually see the dimensional texture quality your pieces are even more stunning! I've been experimenting with fabric painting myself, and to see your examples is really quite heartening. I'm using the same paints you are in some cases, and to see what you've done with them is quite wonderful! Have you ever thought about uploading a video example of how you paint some of your work? Anyway, I thought I'd comment express how much I appreciate the visual treat you've shared! Thank-you very much!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Stunning quilting and beading on this piece. It gives it great depth and feeling.