Here's my latest digital quilt, called Sunrise. The finished size is about 12x18 or so -- I forgot to measure it! I originally finished it early yesterday, but the binding, which was the same fabric as the backing, was too garish...a very bright orange and white batik. So after I finished stitching the binding in place and after sewing seed beads in the ditch around the edge and after photographing the piece...I took it apart and attached the binding you see. Plus put the beads back on! And rephotographed it.
What else have I been up to in the studio? I painted a third study for the Convergence challenge. I'm slowly pole wrapping and stitching a variety of fabrics for an upcoming shibori dye bath. I'm wanting to use up some dyes that have been in the fridge for over a month now, hope to get to that this weekend. I have a fourth idea in mind for Convergence that I want to block out. Another digital piece ready to quilt. Another one designed, and ready for batting and backing.
I've been playing with images of my young kitty, Kirby, but I'm waiting for a new print head for my Canon before I commit to fabric. I swore I'd never use non-OEM ink cartridges when I got my Canon about 18 months ago, but not long ago I bought a black one to try. So of course, the dang thing messed with my print head, I couldn't ever get it clean again, and I had to order a new one yesterday. The bad cartridges plus a new print head cost me about what a set of Canon cartridges would have cost me. Lesson learned. At least Canon cartridges are less expensive and more cost effective than Epson or HP.