Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sparkle

This piece is my second collage quilt for March, entitled Sparkling Sands. The name comes from those areas of white with circles, fabric that I painted with gesso and glitter a few weeks back. After the piece was finished, I used iridescent blender Paintstix on the circles.

The images were sample prints for a project I did last year. They really were too light for my taste but worked perfectly with these softer colored fabrics (which I've used a lot of, this month).

In keeping with changing directions, you won't be seeing the original collages any longer. They merely serve as starting points for these quilts. I'm not trying to replicate them in fabric, so it isn't necessary to show how close (or not) I got to the original.

I'm not working today so I have a free day, an unplanned for day. I slept late -- it's 9:00 right now -- and soon I'll get to the studio and start working on NEW THINGS!

9 comments:

Karen M said...

This is really wonderful! You can almost hear the wind in the beach grass.

Jan said...

Lovely!

jackie said...

Thanks for reading my blog. You are right to only make what you like and want to - but sometimes it is hard without an incentive.

maggi said...

I felt very calmed by the beautiful colours in this piece.

The Green Stone Woman said...

I really like this, Connie. The colors are lovely. The green especially. Very soft and pleasant to look at and so very much in balance. A meditative piece.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Wonderful piece. It reminds me of some of the lonely beach stretches here...the sun not quite so harsh, a breeze through the grasses the tide just retreating with areas of wet sand.

Approachable Art said...

Yay a day off.... take them early, take them often. ;) Love the new collage quilt. :D

carolyn said...

I am really enjoying seeing the new things you are doing! The collage quilts are inspiring.

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

Hi Connie. I love your work. Very inspirational!