I hope to get Lake Como 2 finished this week -- it's ready to quilt -- so this year is not completely over yet!
But it's a great time to review what I've accomplished this year, and compare where I am now with where I was a year ago...so here goes!
- I became an Art Quilter in 2009 -- technically I started in late 2008, but it wasn't until this January that I decided to take it seriously.
- I completed 54 10" x 10" weekly quilts (2 this week, 2 in week eight). To see them all, have a look here.
- I had my quilts in six shows this year, two of which used images of my work on their printed brochure or website.
- I completed 10 digital quilts (5 in addition to the 5 included in the weekly series).
- I completed 7 collage quilts (4 in addition to 3 in the weekly series).
- I completed 9 discharge quilts.
- I completed 6 shibori quilts (3 in addition to 3 in the weekly series).
- I completed an additional 8 studio quilts that don't fit in any of the above categories.
- I finished 3 lengths of handwoven art cloth -- when I was still making art cloth earlier this year.
- I downsized my life considerably, moved from a 1700 square foot house in Eureka to sharing a 600 square foot mobile in Fortuna, moved into and set up a new art studio.
- I started working part time, at a job I really love.
- I have an upcoming opportunity to do some writing about my art.
The interesting thing is, I started the year without any concrete goals -- just a vision of what I wanted to create for myself. This was probably the first year that I didn't have a list of stuff I hoped to accomplish, and I probably got more done this year than in several prior years combined.
So I'm not going into 2010 with a laundry list of stuff to accomplish, because I already know I'll be very productive, that I'll grow as an artist, and that life will bring me continuing good opportunities to live my vision. I don't think I need to wish for anything more!