Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Seasonal Splendor

Weekly quilt number 51/2009 ~ All That Glitters. The silver half is a piece of linen painted with Lumiere and foiled. The gold half is a piece of suminagashied (ink on water print) cotton painted with Pearl Ex and Lumiere.

And stitched with the best metallic thread I've found to date -- Gutermann.

It's pouring rain on the North Coast today, hasn't stopped for a minute. Wet and dreary. I worked in the studio this morning but now I'm home. I may just get into bed and read!

5 comments:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Appreciate the tip about Gutterman metallic thread. Great piece especially the way in which you have combined the silver and gold. I also like the minimalist quilting in this one...goes well with the design. Thanks for sharing.

Nora said...

Here we had snow, the first "significant snow" of the season - 4 in but more coming.
Oh well, 6 days till the days start getting longer!

tiedyejudy said...

What I thought of when I first looked at this piece is looking out of a window where the rain has covered the glass, and the images are distorted from the raindrops running together! Nice work, as usual!

Meg Fowler said...

I agree with Judy ... the rainy window was my first impression, too. Cool quilt!

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

This is really neat. I like it a lot.