Thursday, September 24, 2009

Another Keeper

I love this quilt! Indian Summer (#39.09). The background fabric is one of my very first painted/printed fabrics, that I've been saving for the perfect use. This was it! The dark leaves are from my paintstik-on-shibori exercise of a few weeks ago, cut out, fused and quilted. The other leaves were stamped or stenciled with Lumiere.

I finished Lake View completely today, and it's now hanging in the bedroom above my gorgeous antique quarter-sawn oak sideboard, Isabel. She's the only valuable piece of furniture I own ~ I bought her for my birthday in 1994 from an antique store in Berkeley. She originated from an old home in Alameda, circa 1920 or so. Isabel makes a wonderful dresser cum linen cabinet, her current use(s).

Lazybones here just got off her bum and took this photo!

12 comments:

Jan said...

Beautiful! I love the leaves--the whole piece is wonderful

Isabel is gorgeous and Lake View looks right at home hanging over her.

imquilternity said...

It is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Connie Rose said...

Thanks!

tiedyejudy said...

Awesome! Both Isabel and Lake View! A perfect match...

tiedyejudy said...

Oops! Forgot to tell you I love Indian summer as well... I would keep it too!

Susan Turney said...

Keeper is right! It is gorgeous! I haven't been all that interested in quilts made using paints but this one changes everything!!!!

P.S. My word verification to post is vomit!!!!

Connie Rose said...

Thanks all. Susan, sorry about that word, wish I had some control over it! Generally I feel the same as you about paint on quilts, which is why I only use metallics, and very judiciously!

Sandra Rude said...

Indian Summer is gorgeous, and Lake View looks just perfect with Isabel.

The Idaho Beauty said...

A keeper indeed! This one really sings to me, what with my love of that color palette and leaves. Very helpful to know the different ways the images were applied. i think so 2-dimensionally when it comes to surface design, can't seem to envision the layering thing.

Katherine Regier said...

Both quilts are stunning! And the photo of your sideboard and quilt looks like one from a magazine.

Connie Rose said...

Thank you, all, for your wonderful comments!

Deborah said...

beautiful quilts and what a gorgeous piece of furniture!