Saturday, August 22, 2009

New Beginnings

Just completed my weekly quilt today, and here it is...From The Ground Up (34/2009). Lovely, isn't it? I had the inkling earlier in the week to do a quilt using green shiboried cotton to somehow represent grass, and this is what I ended up with. I love it!

The sky part is shiboried cotton as well. I fused three leaves made from a greener section of the blue fabric, then used a handcut stamp and metallic textile paint for the rest of the leaves. I do love just letting a project create itself, and going with it.

I did a bunch of small pieces yesterday with Shiva Paintstix, rubbings on fabrics previously shiboried, painted or printed. I'll post photos of some of those tomorrow!

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love how the shibori pattern makes it look like shadows falling over the leaves.

Sandra Rude said...

Absolutely beautiful! The raw edges really contribute to the grass effect.

Approachable Art said...

This is gorgeous!