Monday, August 24, 2009

All That Glitters

Last Friday I got out my Shiva Paintstix and went to work on some printed and/or dyed fabric ~ and these are some of my results. The first piece was printed and overprinted several times, and the metallic leaves really pulled it together. The rest of the pieces were shiboried, with the exception of the third piece, which was LWI dyed.

Today I'll be preparing screens for deconstructed screen printing. Hard to believe it's been about a month already since I did this last time. And we'll see what else comes up!

7 comments:

imquilternity said...

These are all wonderful!

Gerrie said...

Very interesting effect on the shibori. I spend a lot of my day daydreaming about how I am going to use the stuff I made in Jan's class.

Meg in Nelson said...

I don't like glitters, particularly when they come off, but I do love these, Connie!

Judy Alexander said...

Gotta love those paint sticks! These are great.

Elizabeth B said...

These are wonderful. I've never liked the effect of Paintstik on cotton, although have loved them on silk scarves I've dyed -- but after seeing yours I'm rethinking that. Your leaves piece, and the effects on the shibori are beautiful!!!

Vivika said...

Lovely inspiring work! Can't wait to try it at home...

V

jackie said...

Thank you for your comment. I'm only having a play, so I don't mind if it fades. Your work is all v. interesting, I particularly like your'Out of Africa' series.