Sunday, June 14, 2009

Busy Weekend

On Saturday I made a batch of discharged fabrics, using thiox on a variety of black cottons and linen. I got an amazing range of color, especially the black Osnaburg pieces on the left, which are more green than they look in this photo. I've been creating a series of art quilts using discharged fabrics, which is why I'm keen on doing big batches now and then. If you haven't seen the finished pieces, check them out on my website, here. I've got a big one in process now, which will be number seven in the series.

Today I discharged a batch of cottons and linen with a 20% bleach solution. I'll post photos of those pieces tomorrow. I also experimented -- for the umpteenth time -- with a number of bleach paste or gel products, but I can never get those things to work for me. The one bleach product that DOES work for me is Clorox Bleach Pen. At any rate, I've decided against spending any more time trying to get products to work for me that just won't -- they do work for others, so give them a try if you're inclined. But I'm finally at the point of focusing on things that DO work for me and letting the rest go. And speaking of that, I did discover some unique ways of using bleach that I want to do more with in future.

And this is my weekly quilt number 24/52.2009, entitled Summer Celebration. This piece is also my June quilt. And now I am up to date on my weekly challenge!

Have a good week!

1 comment:

verobirdie said...

Those discharge fabrics look pretty good. I like them. May you have been busy, but it was worth it.