Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yesterday's News

These are images of some of the fabrics I shiboried yesterday, photographed this morning. Many of the pieces were over-shiboried today, and I'll post them tomorrow.

This batch was dyed teal, over underpainted fabrics. The batch today was dyed bronze ~ actually a green brown. The second dye warmed the fabrics up quite a bit. I wasn't real happy with the overall coolness of yesterday's color, mostly on samples that I didn't photograph.

I'm refining my process as I do each batch of shibori, and getting more comfortable with it all. So I'll be doing lots more!

6 comments:

Gerrie said...

Yum yum!

Alpenhimmel said...

Really lovely! I've never seen shibori that has actually impacted me with such distinct imagery before. The first one looks like fallen leaves floating down a slow moving mountain stream. And the third one looks like sun rays shining through a forest of very tall talls. Thanks for taking me to that cool quiet place today.

tiedyejudy said...

Beautiful, Connie! Sure you don't want to teach a class? You are getting wonderful results!
Judy

Sandra Rude said...

Connie, those are all wonderful!

Rayna said...

What they said.

katherinesands said...

Yep, I concur....