Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chocolate Redux


I couldn't wait to quilt some of this new shibori...so here's this week's quilt, 16/52.2009 ~ Mud Slide.

I'm really starting to get into a studio groove. I've got another discharge quilt on the design wall and will wrap it up this week.

Hot News Flash: I just learned that both of my entered small quilts have been accepted into the Small Art Quilt Open at the Studio Channel Islands Art Center in Camarillo, CA! I'm so glad I called them...the acceptance letter was sent to my old address by mistake and I haven't received it yet. Wow! And apparently I am one of the few who had both entries accepted. That really makes my day!

5 comments:

Sandra Rude said...

Congratulations! I'll have a piece in the other exhibition that'll be going on at the same time as the quilt exhibit. Are you planning to drive down for the opening reception on June 13? If so, you've got a place to stay on the way - we're about 3 hours north of Camarillo...

Fulvia Luciano, artist said...

Congratulations! Lovely stitching in this piece.

Gerrie said...

Congratulations! I knew nothing about this show. Where have I been? This is a really luscious piece. I am still thinking about how I will use my shibori.

Lynne said...

CONGRATS! on picking up the phone and calling.
CONGRATS! on having BOTH pieces accepted! That is an amazing accomplishment in and of itself.

Looking forward to hearing all about the opening.

Rayna said...

delicious!! and congratulations on the acceptance - aren't you glad you called?
R.