Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Do

Will somebody please tell me where to find the Photoshop filter for "remove age & wrinkles"? It's so strange that I look different to my eye in a photo than I do when I look in the mirror. I guess it's true what they've always said, that "the camera doesn't lie!" Well, this is the face of 60 in 2009.

I figured this out yesterday, how to take good photos of yourself with a digital camera. So for those of you who haven't figured it out yet ~ stand in front of a mirror with the camera lens pointing at yourself. You can see the image in the LCD in the mirror. So just move the camera slightly to get the shot you want. This way, the camera's not in the photo!

That's all I have to say at the moment!

10 comments:

Sandra Rude said...

Love your hair! Great cut, and it looks wonderfully easy to take care of. I second the request for a Photoshop filter designed specifically for we women "of a certain age."

Bonnie said...

I left a little surprise for you over at my blog.

Purple Missus said...

I could so identify with your last post about 'bad hair days' and good hair cuts. :)
Love it when people post photographs of themselves so you can see who you are listening to or talking to. Everyone wonders why I am so camera shy. In my mind I am still 30 and very, very slim so its a bad enough shock every morning when I look in the mirror and there is my mother staring back at me, let alone looking at a photograph. *LOL*
P.S. No way would I have put your age at 60. If you could bottle your secret you would make a fortune!

Gerrie said...

That is a lot of hair to me. I am thinking of going natural and much shorter. You look great. You have a nice patina. :)

Meg in Nelson said...

Wow, much shorter! I think it's wonderful. And it's a lovely cut to show off earrings, necklaces and brooches if you wear those as well!

Gorgeous smile, Connie.

tiedyejudy said...

I love your new haircut! You look fresh, free and unencumbered!
And don't worry about the 'age and wrinkles'! I think you look great!
Personally, the camera has never been my friend... I just always figured that it was incapable of capturing my true essence... like that? You can use it any time you want!
Hugs,
Judy

Kim said...

Great haircut! But leave the wrinkles in, they prove you have lived through many things, and experienced many things, and overcome many things. Treasure those wrinkles, they are badges of honor!

Beryl Moody said...

You probably weren't looking for a serious answer to your Photoshop question -- but being of a certain age myself, I admit to the Dry Brush Filter in Photoshop!

Anne said...

Hey, you look wonderful! And thanks for tip about taking self-photos, I'm gonna try it.

imquilternity said...

Your haircut is great and you look wonderful with it! Having curly hair myself I know how difficult it is to get a really good cut! I think you've succeeded!