Thursday, February 26, 2009

Art Regardless

When you're world is changing rapidly, take time to make art. Here's this week's little quilt, #9/52.2009 ~ "Fool's Gold." The top is a number of small pieces of cotton fabric that I used to make rubbings with Shiva Paintstik (there's no "c" in that word). The darker fabric was one long narrow piece of Osnaburg cotton. The Paintstiks are very cool, especially the metallic ones. Fabric artists are doing incredible things with them, and I hope to do lots more.

I feel a nap coming on. I am shedding layers of my onion-self, and letting go of more and more with each sloughing off. It is exhausting. More later, or soon anyway.

7 comments:

Gerrie said...

I am amazed at your level of creativity in the face of your challenges. You inspire me.

Geodyne said...

Oh, Connie. This is my favourite of your art pieces so far.

tiedyejudy said...

Beautiful! I have been wanting to try paintstiks for a long time... need to save up for some!

verobirdie said...

Beautiful! i agree, doing art, whatever your level, is very soothing.

Alice said...

You are one gutsy lady! Good luck with your move. Art will make you whole.

Brighid said...

I love this one. Your work is wonderful, and thankfully you share your special talents with the rest of us.

Rayna said...

aaaahhhh - this is lovely. Yes, it is our art that keeps us sane in the face of other challenges (like moving).