Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tag, You're It!

I just picked this up from TieDyeJudy's weblog so I'm passing it on...

Closest Book To You -- How to play:

* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence along with these instructions in a note in your BLOG.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual... Use the CLOSEST.

Okay, well the closest book to me is Black Out by Lisa Unger, a terrific novel I'm nearly finished with. The fifth sentence on page 56 reads:

"Just hang in there, Opie," my father said calmly on the other line."

How interesting is this?! That's exactly what I needed to hear at this precise moment!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Although I probably won't post this, I did want to share the book that was right next to my computer---EAT FOR HEALTH by Joel Fuhrman. The 5th sentence on page 56 was "Eat frequent small meals." I hope this is something you wanted to hear. (Actually this was the wrong answer to the question about getting in touch with the amount of calories your body needs. The right answer according to the book is "Eat when you feel true hunger."

Meg in Nelson said...

That's an interesting game, Connie. But mine was Vav 3/08 and Page 56 was about an exhibition in Japan. Didn't work...

narkeymarkey said...

i love that, not sure what you'd call it, synchronicity perhaps, when the universe gives to you exactly what you need at that moment :)

mine didn't work quite the same though - nearest book was m's copy of trust me by john updike. fifth sentence of page 56 is "The car, stuttering blue exhaust smoke, perched safe in the center of the ash-striped width of Hillcrest Road."!

thanks though, it was fun to play :)