Sunday, November 9, 2008

City Lights

City Lights art quiltCity Lights art quiltI finished my latest quilt this morning, called "City Lights." It's 21.5 x 27 inches. It started out as a sample discharge project, had metallic paint added, then I discharged the backing fabric, machine quilted, then hand beaded it. It was difficult to photograph, looks to much better in person than what you see here.

I really love this piece. It's a pleasure to finish a piece I really love. A lot of things get made in the process of doing art that are just so-so. So it's always a treat when something works!

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's beautiful!

Candied Fabrics said...

I love the way you quilted it - the randomly sized rectangles really suggest a city skyscape!

weaverly said...

It looks like New York from the air, just before landing at LaGuardia at night. Love it!

Sandra Rude said...

Hey, Connie, this quilt is great!

I'd love to hear how it goes for you on 1000 Markets. I'm exploring online marketing venues, but it's hard to find feedback from artists who use those venues. If you don't mind, that is........

Leigh said...

Stunning! Reminds me of that article in this month's National Geographic.

Connie Rose said...

Thank you all for your comments and compliments!