This first image is of the hand tied raw silk piece I gathered yesterday and dyed. It was dyed with acid dyes. I've already started working on this piece but won't show it again until it's finished.
The second piece is white linen, painted with a thin wash of Pearl Ex metallic pigment in watered down acrylic medium.
Third one is a piece of linen/rayon fabric that I painted yesterday with liquid watercolors and drawing inks, which were then steam set. Today I overpainted it with Lumiere fabric paint.
This next piece is a habotai silk that was painted with liquid watercolors and drawing inks, steam set, stencelled with Golden Liquid Acrylic paint, then finished up with the Pearl Ex in acrylic medium mentioned above.
This piece is silk chiffon that was painted and overpainted with a variety of paints.
The last piece is an "old" scarf that has had several iterations. I bought the blank -- silk chiffon -- back in the early 1990s when I was painting silk -- but I'd never used it until a couple years ago. Then, right after I started doing woven shibori, I took this scarf and did some hand stitching on it, then dyed it the colors you see here. Today I overpainted it with Lumiere and a bronze acrylic paint, very diluted.
The best part of all this is that I'm putting my fears aside and just going for it. There are no mistakes. Whatever I come up with, I'll work from there to create whatever wants to be expressed.