Thursday, March 27, 2008

Two Squared

I finally made up and posted those novelty yarn spinning kits at my Etsy site. Here are two swatches knitted with sample yarns I made using the components available in the kits...

Finishing up two woven silk scarves now, hope to post them tomorrow. Over the weekend I'm planning to warp the loom for three woven shibori pieces.

Two things I need to practice while I'm weaving, are patience and sticktoitiveness. I'm always gung-ho at the beginning of a project, and soon after starting to weave it, I get bogged down and lazy and I find reasons to not weave. Since I have a deadline, of sorts, for myself, getting ready for a show in mid-May, and I have other things I want to weave as well, I'll need to put in some consistent weaving time over the next few weeks. I've been trying to get other projects out of the way this past two weeks, so I have more time to focus on art making. And I do see that opportunity coming up.

But for now, I'm up for a mocha and some knitting. Cheers!

7 comments:

KNITTING ART said...

Lovely colors, and squares...
Liked your photos. Greetings,

Connie Rose said...

Thank you, and greetings to you. Where are you from?

Sue O'Kieffe said...

i like the colors in the top swatch. i would wear something made from that...lovely lovely.
~sue okieffe

Sweet Irene said...

I can understand your impatience at getting something done and starting the next piece. It's the concept that counts, isn't it? And seeing how that initially works out.

I am trying to imagine what it is like to wear a sweater made of those materials you show at the top. I bet it is a lovely feeling to your skin.

Connie Rose said...

Irene, check out my post, "Handspun Novelty Yarn" on February 4 -- I've got a photo posted there of a sweater made from this kind of yarn. Let me know what you think!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Connie

Sweet Irene said...

That looks like a nice sweater, very comfortable and warm, I am sure, although it is not the style I would wear. I would have to find a picture of one and show you what I would wear and then it would become very expensive, I'm pretty sure of that.

I like things with deep V-necks all the way down to my stomach that show the clothes I wear underneath, because I like to wear layers, because of the climate. I like black and gray and loosely knit things that are light to wear.

So, you can see I have a tall order. I am also a little plumb, so you would have to take that into account.

Connie Rose said...

Glad you looked at the sweater, I only wanted you to see what the knitted fabric looks like. I wasn't thinking of knitting one for you -- not that I wouldn't enjoy knitting you a sweater, dear Irene, it's just that I won't knit for hire because it takes way too long and would be unfathomably expensive! I guess you figured that out already!

Have a lovely Sunday. Hugs to you.