Thursday, March 13, 2008

Small Art, Big Heart

A few posts ago I uploaded a self portrait of myself, that was a miniature piece of art created on a mini "canvas," a 2x2 inch cardboard slide mount. When I did that project, early last year, I also made several other diminutive art pieces. Here are a few...





These little pieces were so much fun to make. They're covered with handmade papers or magazine photographs, glitter glue, globs of misshapen beads, shells, beads and adornments. If I had the time, I could easily be at my workbench making these things all day. I love playing with all these elements, putting them together in unusual ways.

And years ago when I was beading primarily, I made long, single earrings I called Color Falls. All the ones that remained, I have strung on a thin strip of leather, in rainbow color order, and I hang them by the south facing window to catch the light. Check these out...


I continue to delight in finding treasures around the house that I can show you all. I'm looking at the gestalt of my artwork and seeing each piece, each diverse manifestation of my creative energy, as a little arrow of my love going out into the world. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Sweet Irene said...

How wonderful! Those miniature works of art are great. You really do have a lot of patience to sit and make these and have them turn out so well. What a novel idea.

And I love all those beady earrings together. I just want to run my fingers through them. That must feel very nice and they are very colorful.

See what a natural artist you are?

Bonnie said...

What a delight to find your blog! Going for the Gestalt is definitely the way to go. I'll be gone for a couple of weeks, but you will hear from me again in April. Thanks.

Connie Rose said...

Thanks for the kudos, Irene, and greetings to you, Bonnie. Glad you've found the blog. We'll look for you in April!

SolsticeStudios said...

It's great to find another textile artist's blog! Your creations are very inspiring, I look forward to seeing more.

Ann Christine Dennison said...

This is such a wonderful post, love all your miniature works and the colours and texture on those earrings is divine!

Connie Rose said...

Thanks, Ann, for your comments on some of my recent posts. I hope you'll come back often.

Have a lovely Saturday!