Friday, March 21, 2008

Grumble, Grumble, Grumble

Just have to get this off my mind...it is SO difficult to do posts here on Blogger and have them look, published, the way they look in preview mode. I am so frustrated with this. I just did a new post with two photos and some narrative, and no less than 15 times I reformatted it and published it, and it still didn't look a thing like it did in preview. So I deleted it and will try again later.

The line spacing always gets messed up, I think because there are photos in the post, the darn program won't accept spaces between paragraphs, and I'm upset with the whole thing. It makes posting a nightmare. I've gone onto the forums but too many people have too many other things going wrong with their blogs and nobody knows how to respond to my dilemma. I just want to do art, write posts and get on with it. I don't want to have to spend hours on one post because the system can't get it right.

Is there anybody out there at Blogger who can either explain why this happens, or FIX THE DAMN THING?!

Okay, thank you for listening. Now on with my day...

7 comments:

Peg in South Carolina said...

The same happens to me. I've learned to live with it, though I do think of moving somewhere else........ I do hope you get some suggestions here. By the way, Bloglines has picked up your now discarded post.......)

Peg in South Carolina said...

Regarding your currently discarded post.... I see you spin a lot for weaving. I spin a lot, and have done some weaving with it. So far only wool. I'm just curious as to how fast a spinner you are. I bought an inexpensive Babe electric spinner just to see how an electric spinner would work. I think/hope with this I might be able to reasonably expect to spin a bit more for weaving.

Connie Rose said...

Hi Peg,
I'm a pretty fast spinner, especially with silks. I've never used an electric spinner, which I'm sure would be even faster. I guess it sort of goes against my grain, being the purist I am.

And my only experience with Babe wheels is that I've been them (the non-electric ones) and they seem very unstable and rickety. Hope the electric is better.

With finer yarns like I spin mostly, I use a fast flyer on my wheel. That helps.

Lynne said...

I'm a comparative newcomer to blogging (late last year and only 4 posts under my belt), and one of the reasons I haven't posted more was because I got tired of spending so much time trying to get my posts looking like the preview.
My solution was to switch to Wordpress - it's a breeze in comparison and they have a very no-brainer facility which allows you to import all your Blogger posts. Now to catch up on all those posts which were bursting to get out ...

Peg in South Carolina said...

In response to Lynn, I know about the import feature. The problem is that it won't import graphics and my site, at least, is rather graphics rich. Maybe Word Press will solve that?

Connie Rose said...

I think I'll stay where I am, for now...maybe do two posts when I have photos to upload, which is nearly all the time -- one for the text, one for the photos. We'll see. I've looked at several Wordpress blogs and don't like them as much as Blogger, and don't want to lose anything in a transfer, in any case.
Thanks for your thoughts, though. Who knows, I may leave here in the end. Time will tell.

taz said...

I haven't yet tried this but you may need to treat the page like a document on a WYSIWYG site and WORD. Can you format the picture as you can on Word? (right click and format it so that you can move it wherever you wish.)

When you want to go to the next line, hold down the shift key and hit the enter key. If this blogger site acts like FrontPage or Dreamweaver, it will give you a line directly under your last line.