Sunday, February 3, 2008

Straw into Gold

It's been a busy last few days but I wanted to post this message and photo before I get involved in life today. I'm hoping to be able to write more frequently this coming week, I've got lots of fiber things to talk about and photos to share.

I completed the topaz bamboo, shown here, getting 840 single ply yards from a quarter pound. I feel like Rumplestiltskin, spinning straw into gold. That's what this bamboo looks like, anyway. Now I'm on to another quarter pound of bamboo, this time in a brilliant heliotrope, rather a smoky medium purple.

Have a wonderful Sunday, all.

3 comments:

Marie said...

What a wonderful color. I wish I knew how to recreate that! Nicely done.

Sue O'Kieffe said...

i want to run my fingers through this. you take great photographs of your yarn, too, which makes it all the more enticing!
~sue okieffe

Connie Rose said...

Thanks Marie & Sue!