Friday, January 13, 2017

Moving Right Along

My creative roll of this year continues.  Collaging, brush lettering, and mail art, that's where my energies are going now.  And reading, of course.

For brush lettering, I purchased PDF worksheets from Jeannie Dickson, via Etsy.  I spend my evenings practicing. 

I bought several different brush-tipped pens from JetPens, but none of them really work well for me.  Instead, I'm using a round #2 paintbrush, as Jeannie does most of the time, and I have so much more control than with the pens.  I thought an actual brush would be way too difficult to master, but for me it's the way to go.

All my outgoing mail art now features brush lettered name and address.  I'm having a lot of fun with this.

We've had a lot of rain in northern California recently.  The Eel River flooded early this week, and although the river itself has receded, my guess is that much of the Ferndale area is still under water.  Fortunately there's no danger of flooding where I am.  Right now we're having a few days' respite from the rain; the days are sunny and c-o-l-d.  More rain coming in early next week.

Enjoy your winter weekend.  January is effectively half gone already.  Christmas will be here again before you know it!

6 comments:

jenclair said...

Of course, I like the top collage with all the post-y things the best! From drought to flood in California--hope your area stays dry, Connie!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Hearing about the rivers overflowing reminded me... when I was a toddler, we lived in a house near the Sacramento river in Dunsmuir. The house was built on stilts to handle the overflows that occurred from time to time. I am glad that CA is finally getting rain and snow... just wish it didn't have to come all at once!
Love your collages... filled with wonderful images! You do a beautiful job, Connie... and I love the wonderful variety of backgrounds. Didn't you say you bought books at the library sales for your collages? Great idea!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

If favorites are allowed...I pick the third for all the lively red! Glad you have found lettering to be such fun! Sunny today and they say we have recovered from the drought!

Jan said...

Yummy, all of them. Are you going to show us some brush painting? I'm so curious! xxj

Judy Martin said...

You are very prolific! These are amazing - thank you for posting them.x

john said...

Each is so strong. I have to keep coming back for more. :-)