Friday, January 6, 2017

Half a Mil.

I've done these six collages just since January 1.  I am having so much fun with these.  The other day I cleaned and reorganized my front studio space so I have more room on the table to work.  I just want to be in that place, putting things together.

This post marks several milestones ~ I'm celebrating my 9th Blogoversary here.  I started blogging in January 2008.  I know a few of you have been with me since then.

My all-time blog hits went over 500,000 a few days ago.  Half a million hits.  Wow.  And the hits just keep on coming.  My deep gratitude to all who read and follow me.

This is the 1822nd post on this blog, but when you consider that two of my three other former blogs had daily posts for at least a couple years, I figure I've probably posted aggregately close to 4000 times in nine years.  A lot of words; but a lot more images.






I'll leave you with this awesome poem I found this morning on Christi Carter's blog ~

"There isn't one right path for you or anyone else.
And there isn't a set of timelines or milestones ...
You're allowed to backtrack.
You're allowed to figure out what inspires you
at different stages of your life.
You're allowed extra time when you need it.
Life is meant to be a series of zigs and zags.
It should look like a mess, but a beautiful mess.
It shows that you have changed and grown.
You've had your ups and downs.
You went down one path, but decided to change course...
perhaps on many occasions.
That's how life should be."

~ Angel Chernoff ~

10 comments:

Jacki Long said...

Congratulations Connie for your anniversary & all the amazing milestones and talents you share with us. I am a fan.

tgarrett said...

Congrats Connie and Happy New Year

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Congrats on all your milestones! And your collages are stunning! I love the images and prints you use... been going through a stack of magazines trying to find words and images I can use, so I can recycle the magazines and accumulate supplies. Time to clean house!
Happy New Year Connie, and I look forward to another year of wonderful posts!

Anna H said...

Wow! That is a lot of writing and a lot of art! What a great accomplishment, you should be proud. I love all the new "stuff" and look forward to seeing more....

Jeanne-Sylvie said...

Congratulations for this anniversary and a big thank you for all you share on your blog. I like your art work and your honesty as well. Have a beautiful and peaceful year.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Congratulations! Lots of writing and communicating and sharing! I so like your lettering and there doesn't seem to be an end to your beautiful full faced collages...each page fascinating!

jenclair said...

I'm loving your new collages, Connie! Isn't it amazing how much can be shared with a blog? Looking forward to more of your posts in 2017!

Meg Weaves said...

Happy half a mil, Connie! Here's to the next half.

Jan said...

Stupendous! Wow! I love your blog, and yes, it bears repeating. I am picturing you making collages at your table. Great collages here, too! xxj

john said...

You have been busy! Isn't it fun! :-)