Saturday, August 23, 2014

Four Up

Four of my fifteen stamphead, kids-book-page postcards.  I had a lot of fun with these.  The little jewel stickers are from the dollar store.

I'm reading my third Ruth Ozeki book this summer, All Over Creation.  I love that her books take on BIG issues (like genetically modified food) in novel form.

I read The Drowned Man, by David Whellams, recently, and liked it.  Good mystery.  I have his earlier Walking Into the Ocean in my queue at home.  The latter is the first in Whellams' Peter Cammon series.

I also just read my first Elizabeth George mystery, Careless in Red.  She wrote all the Inspector Lynley books, of which Careless is one of the most recent.  And I saw all the BBC Inspector Lynley TV series so I didn't feel the need to start at the beginning of the book series.  I like her writing a lot, although Careless had too many tangential, unnecessary characters, making the book longer than it needed to be.  Still, I'll read the next one.

A couple things are on my mind...but I think I'll save my philosophizing for next week.

Have a great weekend.  It's beautiful this morning in my neck o' the woods and the temps are supposed to be in the low- to mid-70s for the next week anyway.  I think summer has finally arrived on the North Coast.  xo

11 comments:

Charlton Stitcher said...

It's been a long time since I've had the benefit of your wise and thoughtful words! I't's good to be back and catching up, even if it's only briefly before we set out on our next trip.

Jan said...

The TV Lynley series leaves out gobs of material--I watched them, but almost couldn't. (I liked the actor playing Lynley, so that helped. I started with the first in the series and I recommend it: Barbara is so different in the books and the evolution of the relationship with Lynley is very interesting and critical to all the books that follow. IMHO. :)

Jan said...

And they're really good!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I have a new Elizabeth George sitting here to read. I have read almost all of them, and she always writes very long books...but Lynley and Havers are a good police couple. Stamp heads are perfect. xox

Irene said...

When I was still a reading person, I enjoyed Elizabeth George's books very much and I liked the fact that they were on the long side because I didn't want them to end. I have them on my bookcase in case I ever want to read them again. If I ever allow myself to get lost in a book again like I used to, I think I will go by your recommendations. You seem to have good taste in literature. xox

amy of four corners design said...

love these - keep at it!

Jacki Long said...

These are all so charming, Connie! ♥

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

I love the "heads"! Good stuff.

PamelaArtsinSF said...

Love the ATC's!

Michelle Reuss-Remy said...

I've loved all your "stampheads" but I think this group made with children's book images are my favorite! Those old illustrations are crying out for altering! Love, love, love!

jenclair said...

Like everyone else, I love the stamp heads.