Saturday, July 5, 2014

Nesting

First collage in new journal, from a few days ago.  And then I had a busier-than-normal week.  "Normal" busy for me is having one day in the week where I'll have stuff to do off campus (away from Fortuna) or have time planned with a friend, or possibly both things in one week.  I'm far happier when I have nothing external planned.  I like the rhythm of my solitary days.

I'm really a nester despite the fact that I moved around a lot for many, many years.  Looking for my place all those decades, a home, that's mine.  Not in terms of owning it (we really never own anything anyway, we can't take anything with us when we leave this place, only how we've grown on the inside).  But in terms of having every last thing just the way I want it, not having to cater to or deal with anyone else's life (or shit).

I'm quite sure a major reason why I don't travel, and there are numerous good reasons, is that I hate to be away from home.  Hate giving up my rhythm.  Hate being away from BeeGee ~ my partner, my familiar, my soulmate.  Hate having to try to make myself comfortable elsewhere.  Because I'm finally home, in this tiny studio that I've lived in for four years.

Early on in my adult life I had a vision of living and working in what I called my Life Studio.  That's exactly what my home is.  I'm doing my life in this place.  It's all good.

Hope you're having a good weekend.  xo

5 comments:

Jan said...

Brava.

Jacki Long said...

Gotcha!

jenclair said...

Home--where the heart & spirit dwell.

Michele Unger said...

I so admire you! You know who you are, what you need and you've gone ahead and made the life you were meant to live. So very few people can make that claim! So to echo Jan's comment above, "Brava!"

Thanks for the kind comments about my SinL. I will tell her of your nice wishes.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I totally agree with you... I'm much happier when I am home, and always try to cluster multiple errands in one day so I can get them done and get back home! Enjoy every moment in your nest!