Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Lengthening List

I had to stop myself from working on that list of other things exclusively, and get back to painting.  The list kept getting longer, and painting was receding farther down in priority and into the past.

Decided to begin this after-class exploration with color fields, largely because I have a bunch of backgrounds already painted from when we were on this lesson in Extreme Composition.  I'll do a number of paintings in this genre until I'm ready to move onto something else.  This piece is 9 x 9 inches.

8 comments:

Sweetpea said...

Always enjoy stopping by here, Connie, and listening to how your mind thinks ... ;>]]

Christi

Betty Eilat said...

I love this!

john said...

I love your color choices. :-)

Sandra Rude said...

Wow! What wonderful colors! Makes me want to head to the dyepot with a skein of silk...

Sandra Rude said...

P.S. Just realized why this resonates so strongly. I've been working on a weave draft that has deep burgundy and magenta in the warp and purple weft for one or two scarves and orange for another... We must be on the same wavelength!

Jeanne Aird said...

Love those colors! So luscious, mouthwatering. I think it's crying out for a little stitching, either literally or figuratively, but then I guess it wouldn't truly be a color field painting.

MegWeaves said...

Berry and grape sorbet.

Maggi said...

Very Rothko. I love his work too.