Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Book Work

I have an additional project going on this month that I didn't mention last week.  I'm doing Tammy Garcia's December Rainbow Escape, a color- and technique-focused art journal project.  The commitment is for seven journal spreads during the month of December.  So I made myself an art journal, which you see above.  I used one of my big (11x17) collages from a few years ago, cut down to size, and my pages are 7-1/2 x 7-1/2 inches.  There's just one signature of four folios inside, which gives me seven two-page interior spreads.  I'm working on the first journal spread now and will post later this week.

These two photos are the outside (above) and inside of the artist book I'm making in Roxanne Stout's The Thread That Weaves online class.  This is a piece of watercolor paper, 6 x 18 inches, that I gessoed on both sides, covered the outside faces with paper on the sides and ecodyed fabric and cheesecloth in the center, and "aged" the inside faces with paint.

I hope to complete the book (the first book, that is) in the next day or two, so look for it here later this week.

7 comments:

PamelaArtsinSF said...

You are very busy!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I so like seeing work in process, the book cover and inside should be so interesting in the next phase ... I'll return. Love the fish too!

rivergardenstudio said...

Connie! I love the richness of your book cover and you know i can't wait to see what you are creating!
Love the fish too!!
roxanne

Sandy said...

I love your books.

Leslie said...

Love the earthiness of it so far. It'll be fun to see where this goes. Book making is perhaps my most favorite art thing.

jenclair said...

I love your creative adventures! Looking forward to the completion of your first book--great in progress pics.

Jeannie said...

Wow!!! I love the fish. There is something calming to me about fish. I can watch them for hours. Your pages look fantastic! I so wanted to enroll in that class. I have bookmarked her page and hope to take a class in the new year.