Thursday, October 3, 2013

Painting Paper

These are some of the papers I painted thus far this week.  With the exception of the square piece a few images down, all are 60# drawing paper, 12 x 18 inches.  The one above was scraped with paint, then spattered with water and then blotted.

 Paint brayered on with 2 inch brayer

 Paint brayered with 2 inch brayer

 Paint scraped and spattered on 12 x 12 inch deli paper

 Paint scraped then spatter blotted

This is the sheet I used to blot the paint in the image just above.

I have leftover pieces of a few sheets of previously painted paper that I was hoping to be able to somewhat reproduce...to no avail.  It's virtually impossible to replicate a painted sheet of paper, at least with these loose methods.  So be it.  Each has its own beauty and will serve its own end at some point.

I've mentioned before that I hate to waste paint, even tiny bits.  So whenever I'm printing or using paint on papers to use elsewhere or journal pages or paintings, I've always got a supply of blank tags, postcards and ATCs within reach.




10 comments:

tiedyejudy said...

I really love what you're doing! I especially love the spatter look... very organic! It looks like you are really enjoying the process, always a good thing!

Jeannie said...

Dramatic!!!! I'd love to be able to do that on cloth. Time to experiment. Have fun! I know you are. :)

Sandra Rude said...

Wow! The colors on the painted paper just sing!

Leslie said...

Wow. Ok, so I need to do more paint scraping. And the splatter/blot thing hadn't even occurred to me. They're all great but I really love the turquoise and brown one and the one you used to blot the image above. Very cool, Connie. Now I see how you get some of your marvelous backgrounds.

john said...

Lovely papers! I use mine in collages all the time as well. I am glad you don't waste a bit of paint. I try not to as well. I was in a class this summer and I could not believe how much paint the instructor wasted!

You asked about the size of my recent pieces....4 x 65 inches.

Els said...

Connie, it's so much fun to see these painted papers, love the top one best because of the colours: I love that rusty brown/blues combination !
(you never are short of supplies, when you make your own ;-) ....)

Maggi said...

These are just gorgeous Connie. They have such depth. A good idea to make use of leftovers too.

Maggi said...

These are just gorgeous Connie. They have such depth. A good idea to make use of leftovers too.

Sandy said...

Isn't painting paper fun? There are some great ones there.

Jane Wetzel said...

these are just gorgeous...loved that u shared them.. :)