Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Mystical

I recently joined a new online challenge group, Art Squared.  Many of the same artists are in this group as were in Fiberactions, our online quilting group that ended in July.  The reason I decided to take up another challenge group is that Art Squared is open to all media.  The only parameter is that the finished work be square, and between 6 x 6 and 12 x 12 inches.  Perfect for me.

Today is the first reveal and the theme is Mystical.  My collage painting is 8 x 8 inches, paper and acrylic paint on canvas board.

9 comments:

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Oh, I really like this one, Connie! It has a feeling of contentment about it.

Maggi said...

I really like this one too.

Sweetpea said...

HA, I thought this was CLOTH collaged ...
Super swell, Connie!

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

I really like this one too. Very nice!

john said...

Great challenge group. Do you have a monthly challenge? I love how asymmetrical this piece is.

PamelaArtsinSF said...

Love the design and the colors......very nice....

Charlton Stitcher said...

This is beautiful and calm - very inspiring - and square is a lovely shape to play with. I look forward to your next piece ...

Leslie said...

Neat piece. I like all the texture from the wrinkled paper, something many people would strive to avoid. The single round element is perfect. Very cool.

Alice said...

Very appealing. I find the square format challenging, but worth the struggle. This one is definitely not static!