Friday, January 25, 2013

A Week Ago

These are the best prints from my gelli session last weekend.  I'd hoped to do more during the week but never got the chance...instead, I caught up on several other small art projects that needed completion.






The last print, below, was pulled from a 12 x 16 inch sheet of tempered glass.  Before I spring for a large gelli plate (about $90 including shipping from Gelli Arts), I want to explore what's possible with the glass plate.

Good thing I've had a lot of recent work to post...because my daily regular collage practice hasn't been daily in months.  My new schedule for creating those seems to be making three or four at one time whenever I need them, which recently has been every other week or so.  No worries, everything changes.

4 comments:

Irene said...

These certeinly are wonderful and some of them look 3-dimensional which gives for a really neat effect. xox

tiedyejudy said...

I don't blame you for hesitating on the large gelli plate. I have looked at the medium, and even that gives me pause! I have done prints from plexiglass, and actually have a glass plate as well I could work from if need be. I like what you got from the glass plate! It looks ready to mat and frame to me...

Els said...

Wow Connie, your gelli-printing is really smart !!!
Love your pink books of last time !

susan christensen said...

The orange and turquoise together are yummy Connie. I am in the midst of two other projects that have me detoured from printmaking at the moment but this work of yours makes me even more excited to get back to it!
Happy week to you - sus