Monday, November 26, 2012

We Are The World

I made another map book yesterday -- We Are The World -- with seven maps of sections of the world.  Three are below.  The book is 5.25 inches square, and the maps, opened out, are 10 inches square.

I really like this book structure and know it has other uses too, besides featuring maps.  The oldish Rand McNally Atlas I'm using was purchased for a buck during the summer, specifically for bookmaking purposes.  I'll recycle the book board covers at some point as well.


I love looking at maps.  The atlas I regularly use is by National Geographic and although it is a bit dated (from the 1980s, before so many geopolitical changes in eastern Europe and the Balkans), every time I read a novel that takes place in a different part of the world, I get out my atlas and pore over it for a good hour or so.

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

I married a former geography/history teacher, so maps have always had a place in our home. I was the navigator on road trips as a kid as I understood maps. They are so interesting and colorful. Maps to the world and the imagination!

maggi21.com said...

I love Lotus books and using maps to make them with is great.

MegWeaves said...

This is lovely, Connie. It tickles my wander lust. (And wonder lust.)

jenclair said...

Maps always enthrall me, so of course, I really like this book. It is fun to look at an older atlas and see the changes!

Irene said...

I love looking at maps and would be fascinated by this book. To me, the older the map, the better. xox

Sandy said...

I love your use of maps.