Monday, November 5, 2012

Color Journal

A few months ago I made this journal as part of Mary Ann Moss's Full Tilt Boogie online class.  The cover came from a spiral-bound journal I had had for years, which I subsequently tore apart because the paper inside wasn't good for much of anything.  The inner pages of the new journal are vintage cardboard and paper photo album pages.  I knew I wasn't going to use them for photos, and I figured one day I'd decide how to use the journal.  Late last week I had the inspiration.

There are 12 page surfaces inside ~ what better than to fill each one as an ode to one of the 12 colors on the color wheel.  So I began with yellow...






The paper inside the back cover is what I had left of several pieces of newsprint that 22 years ago I used underneath a scarf I painted.  The scarf was too dark to begin with and I tossed it.  The blotting paper rocked, though, and I kept it.


11 comments:

Jeannie said...

This is wonderful, Connie! I love all the different values and textures you used on each color page.

maggi21.com said...

Wow Connie, this is fabulous. I love the way that you have allowed the colours to spill over the edges of the pages.

Meg in Nelson said...

Beautiful. By, oh, my, what a lot of work! You must love this treasure!

Sandra Rude said...

Beautiful work, Connie! I love the colors and textures and imagery on every page. It is indeed an ode to color!

tiedyejudy said...

Talk about a feast for the eyes! This is gorgeous! I love the story about the back cover... I'll have to give that a try!

Sandy said...

It's the perfect use. What wonderful pages. It shows that you shouldn't throw anything out!

jenclair said...

I'm going to come here next time I am at a loss as to which colors I want to choose!

The Idaho Beauty said...

These journals you are working on are so beautiful and inspirational. So enjoying them.

ileneharris said...

And I got to see this up close and personal. Especially love that you used the "blotter" newsprint. Priceless...

Mary Ann said...

wa wa wa wa WOW

your collages are so complex and interesting!

glad you left your link for me :-))

Unknown said...

HI,

This is very good blog,good information, good to visit

Regards
Gokakmills