Thursday, April 5, 2012

Early April Update

I've been sick for a week now with our local version of the bug that's been goin' around.  I haven't done one creative thing in a week.  Even though I'm having moments of boredom, I just don't have the energy to undertake anything.  I haven't even been reading much, my mind's not focused on it.

I schlepped in to Eureka yesterday, though, to deliver my Eternal Traces show to Yarn on 2nd Street in Old Town in time for Arts Alive! this Saturday.  Unfortunately I won't be there.  The exhibit is nine pieces of recycled, ecodyed, hand quilted cloth.

I've been hovering on the edge of depression since I fell sick.  I have to keep my mind on things like the rain eventually stopping, the weather getting warmer, baking in the sunshine, lovely walks and warm breezes -- all down the road just a bit.  Spring seems to be happening everywhere but here on the North Coast.  It looks kinda like spring but it doesn't feel like it yet.

6 comments:

Gerrie said...

Hope you feel better soon. I would be depressed if I weren't here in SF with Paige!! this thing just wants to linger.

Sandra Rude said...

So sorry you've been ill! I wish I could send you some of the sun we've got - and get some of that rain in return...

Jeannie said...

I wish I could come down and sweep you away to the beach or somewhere for some fun girl time. The sun is out, but it feels like February. I also keep telling myself that this too shall pass and I'll be wanting cooler days in July. Doesn't work! LOL! I hope you feel better soon. xo

tiedyejudy said...

Rotten luck! I do hope you feel better soon, and that the weather improves too! We're in windy season right now, but with clear skies and my Daffodils and Tulips are coming up and in bloom... chicken soup and lots of fluids might help!

Marybeth said...

Well my weather wouldn't help a bit..this morning the sky had dark clouds with a little blue sky and it was snowing. The wind here in WY is relentless. Trees are just begining to bud out and you can see a green tint to the lawns. Depression must be going around as several of us have commented on the way it creeps into our lives. I will be sending prayers that you will be filled with energy soon!

Irene said...

I hope you're beginning to feel a bit better, Connie, and that your depression is a false alarm. I hope it is only due to the bad weather and your cold. Maybe you will be in great shape in no time. Keep seeing the silver lining. xox