Thursday, April 19, 2012

Busy Week

I'm having a busier-than-usual week.  Nothing to show yet besides collages, but projects are in the works.

My Fiberactions challenge quilts are ready for quilting, hope to start on them these weekend.  I did some fabric printing and stamping earlier in the week on these pieces, along with some papers for collage.

I have a new personal challenge piece ready to put together, planning to get to that today after some online paperwork and a show entry.  I'll say more about the challenge when I post the first piece.  It's going to be a weekly challenge, so I want to make sure I've got the first piece finished before I commit out loud!

So all in all I'm feeling a LOT better.  I still have a bit of a lingering cough, but otherwise I'm feeling fine.  The lesson for me now will be in pacing myself, now that I feel the creative juices flowing again.  And there's still a huge sense of overwhelm -- something I've been carrying with me for a while what with all the things I want to do and try -- but I'm feeling like I just need to bring that overwhelm along and move forward one step at a time...instead of feeling immobilized by it as I have for months.  I suspect overwhelm and fear might be first cousins!

9 comments:

jenclair said...

I'm so glad you are back on your game! I'm not sure which is worse: the fallow period where there is no desire to create or no ideas that inspire or the overwhelm period when time seems an insurmountable obstacle to bringing all of your ideas to fruition.

The personal challenge sounds like a great idea to keep moving forward!

Irene said...

You should reread your own posts and see how well yu've actually been doing. xox

Gerrie said...

Take care and stay well. I know it takes time to get back in the groove.

Els said...

Well Connie, I know how that feels : busy, but unable to show anything .... secrets, secrets !
(I'm very glad you're doing better, body ánd mind. I hope things turn out like in the old days ;-) !)

Jeannie said...

I am so happy that you are feeling better! Overwhelm really can feel like fear. I have felt that way lately, like I will never get caught up or get anything done. Then the sun comes out and I surprise myself at what I can accomplish.I think the wacky weather hasn't helped. Being cooped up in the house forces me to see things that I'd just as soon ignore!:)

Meg in Nelson said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, Connie!

Sandra Rude said...

It took me a LONG time to get over the whooping cough I had earlier this year (and before that in September) so my advice from personal experience is "don't push yourself too hard right away - you may be feeling better, but you're still regaining strength, so take it easy."

Jan said...

I'm sure you're right about overwhelm and fear being close relatives. Ay yi yi!

So glad to hear you are BETTER! Take it slow until you're back 100%!

xxoo

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Special piece. Glad to hear you are feeling better.