Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fabrics Galore!

This is a piece of mini art that I handstitched during the week ~ shiboried old linen, measuring a mere 5x11 inches.  Small work is always a good way for me to get back into handstitching, and I do have another bigger piece in the works now.

The presentation I gave to the local quilt guild on Thursday evening was a roaring success.  Plus, I sold quite a bit of handmade fabric to these traditional quilters.  All the remaining fabric was just posted at my Textile Shop, so check it out.

Hope you have a glorious late winter/early spring weekend.  An online friend in Switzerland reported that the temperature there this morning was 100 degrees, believe it or not.  I think we're in for another wacky weather year.

8 comments:

stitchinglife said...

Lovely stitching, lovely fabric!
Have a good weekend.

Jeannie said...

Congrats on a sucessful talk and the sales! Our weather definately is wacky. 65 degrees one day and 30 the next. I agree, this summer should be interesting. Love the stitching on the fabric. Wishing you a weekend that is full of fun and creativity.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Stunning work. Good to hear that the presentation went well. Love the fabric bundles ...wish I had plenty of money.

jenclair said...

Glad that your presentation went well and that you sold a lot of your fabric. The little shibori piece is beautiful, Connie!

Els said...

Beautiful begin (fabric), beautiful end (stitching) !!!

Judy said...

That small piece is luscious! I agree: small works are a good way to get back into working.
Congrats on your talk and your sales. A little cash never hurts! lol

xo

Maggi said...

A gorgeous piece. Glad your presentation went well and that you made some sales too.

Irene said...

That sounds like good news all around. Glad that your work was such a success. It all pays of in the end, doesnt it? It just takes some time and patience.