Friday, August 5, 2011

August Solo Show

My second solo show this year is happening now through August 31 at Los Bagels Truchas Gallery in Eureka.  The entire gallery space is one long old brick wall of this lovely cafe in the heart of Old Town Eureka, at the corner of 2nd and E Streets.

And this is the entire show, 17 pieces.  If you're in the Humboldt area, please join me during Arts Alive! this Saturday, August 6 from 6-9pm at the reception.

In other news, yesterday I unwrapped those hot bundles of eco dyed fabrics that I steamed last Thursday.  Interesting results for my first go round with this dyeing method.  I'll post photos here over the weekend.  I prepared a cold bundle last week as well ~ although I plan to leave it sit for another three weeks (one month total), I did remove the very rusty iron tube I'd put in the bundle last week because I knew it would have eaten right through the fabric if left untouched for another three weeks.  Now the bundle will sit uncovered, damp until it dries through for the rest of its time.

Thanks to the women who purchased all the handmade fabric scraps I had.  About half of them went to the Netherlands!  I have a growing number of online friends and blogs reads originating in the Netherlands.

I'm feeling distracted today, as I did yesterday.  I'm learning to enjoy these spacey places, taking them for what they are ~ interstices or segues between thrusts of creativity.

Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

Deb Levy said...

Your exhibit looks wonderful Connie! Congratulations and enjoy it!

Maggi said...

The pieces look really great displayed together. Wishing you a successful exhibition.

Gerrie said...

Wow!! Looks fabulous! Hope you get lots of sales.

Sharon said...

Beautiful. Wow! I love your work. Much success!

stitchinglife.com said...

Looks fabulous. Congratulations, and enjoy the show!

Sandra Rude said...

Beautiful exhibit space, and of course, very beautiful work! Looks great!

Approachable Art said...

You look marvelous standing next to your work... what a lovely venue, too, the wall really punctuates the earthiness of your art! Congrats, Connie. :D

Sandy said...

Congratulations on the show. It looks great.

Meg in Nelson said...

Looks lovely, Connie.

Nora said...

You and you works both look great against that backdrop of that wall. You sure have a proud smile on your face and rightly so.

Vicki W said...

Congratulations on the exhibit!

The Idaho Beauty said...

What a good space for your work. These pieces are a bit larger than I envisioned them to be, a really nice size and how fun to showcase it along this brick wall. Congrats!

artymess said...

congratulations Connie Rose hope it's an enormous success ........I can see some picture quilts behind you ...my favourite work of yours ....x

Chris Gray said...

Congrats Connie!

...the expo looks wonderful....

...hope it goes really well for you, after all the work you've put in :-)

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

Congrats Connie!- looks awesome hanging against the brickwork.

Lorraine@creativedaily said...

Love the way your pieces look displayed against the brick background. Hope the show is a "huge" success!