Friday, November 19, 2010

Underwater

Number six of the In Dreams series.  This image was always one of my favorite collages.  I like it even better quilted.

I received great news the other day -- one of the two pieces I had in simply irRESISTible, the resist-themed show at Some Things Looming Gallery in Reading, PA, SOLD!  This is very exciting for me, it confirms that my vision for art quilting is marketable. 

I'll be doing a lot of framing this weekend, now that I have what I need.  Want to get In Dreams mounted on frames, as well as frame up the last batch of 2009 10x10" quilts that were among the very best. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Congrats Connie on your sale, always nice! Am loving these two pieces and the direction your work is taking currently.

Karen M said...

Love this piece, and congratulations on the sale!

Julie said...

Congratulations on your sale Connie and have a great weekend!

Nora said...

That's great news about the sale, Connie. Congratulations. And the piece you're showing today certainly is nice too. I love the squid. Well done!

Sandy said...

It's great when things sell. Nice collage-certainly feels like underwater. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

tiedyejudy said...

Yesssssssssss!!!!!! I am delighted to hear one of your pieces sold! And your 'Underwater' quilt is delightful as well! Onward and upward!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Wonderful work as always Connie

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Congratulations on the sale of my 'favourite' piece. I would be so thrilled. This new dream piece is now my new favourite...just wonderful. If I had the money I would buy all your pieces.

Terry Jarrard-Dimond said...

I can see why you made a sale....these are wonderful pieces! Congratulations and may they have cousins!