Thursday, February 18, 2010

Late Afternoon

This here is my second collage quilt for February, called Late Afternoon, and the inspiration for it, just below. The central image in both quilt and collage is a recolored photo I took a couple years ago, a reflection on and through corrugated glass. One of my favorite images, that actually appeared in an earlier quilt as well.

That unusual thing at the lower left in the photo collage is a seed of some sort, highly magnified. Looks like some kind of critter but it's part of the plant kingdom.

Today was my birthday. I've had a really wonderful day, not doing anything particularly special, but enjoying myself and all the well wishes I received throughout the day -- most from online friends. What a wonderful way we have to be connected with each other -- blogging and Facebook -- I'm loving it!

7 comments:

Vivika said...

Happy birthday! Your collages are gifts to us all...

Approachable Art said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! :D

Karen M said...

Love this quilt! The sense of depth and mystery are spectacular. It is really interesting to see how you are translating these collages to fabric. I like both, but in this case, I think the fabric piece is the winner.

Judy said...

Happy Birthday!
Your collages are feasts for the eyes!

xo

Amelia said...

I am loving the connection with others and art that I am getting through the net. It is great!

I like your idea of translating an image in one medium to another - very interesting.

Happy Birthday belated birthday!

Amelia.x

frazzledsugarplummum said...

A very Happy Birthday, Connie. Thanks for all the time and effort you take to share your inspiring art. It is a treat for all of us. Love this piece with the interesting seed and corrugated glass images. I especially like how you have used the superimposed circular images to link the individual pieces.

maggi said...

Sorry I missed it but I hope that you had a wonderful day. Your work is fantastic.