Friday, November 20, 2009

Back In Business

After a challenging few days without a sewing machine, I'm back in business with a brand new backup machine -- my luck, my Bernina will never have problems again!

Anywho, this piece, Autumn's End (#47.09), is a small section of one of the half yards I dyed not long ago during that Gallon Jar Dye session I attended. And I really just wanted to quilt a piece of it without anything else added.

I like the new Singer Confidence Quilter -- although the free motion embroidery foot that came with it was nearly impossible to quilt with, because I couldn't see where I was going. I had to intuit most of the stitching because the foot itself was in the way of my view of where I wanted to go next. Well, I bought a different foot later today so hopefully my quilting this weekend will be more to my liking. But I can't wait to get my Bernina back!

I've got a few projects to finish up this weekend...I feel like I've fallen behind!

In other news, late last year I participated in a cool multi-artist blog started by painter Tracy Helgeson, and it's all been updated this year with new work by all the artists. Check out The Fine Art Department. We've also got a Facebook Page with links and galleries of all our work. Check them both out, see what wonderful company I'm in!

Have a wonderful pre-Thanksgiving weekend!

6 comments:

tiedyejudy said...

What a beautiful piece, Connie! You have captured light/dark very well, and your stitching does a great job of enhancing the shapes! Glad to see you're back in business with your 'spare' machine!

Deb said...

beautiful piece Connie! I just love how the light glows from the center of the dense forest.

The Green Stone Woman said...

It's very beautiful, Connie. It's still a mystery to me how you dye that, let alone quilt it. Great job!

Deborah said...

very vibrant

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Love the depth.

The Idaho Beauty said...

I just swooned! I'd been reading some quotations about keeping it simple before popping into your blog, and this certainly exemplifies what the authors were getting at. It needs nothing more than what you've done, although I'm sure others would feel the need to embellish it just to make sure we get the point.

Here's one of the quotations I think describes this piece to a "t": "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo daVinci